Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Getting ready to start Gunpla

My reason to start:
For those people who know me well, will know that I am a big mecha fan. When I was little I used to save up all my money and go to the store and buy the Gundam Wing action figures that were out at the time. I was able to collect almost all of them, other than one or two of them which were Leos any way so I didn't care too much. I would also buy most mech games like Armor Core, Front Mission, Mech Warrior, Mobile Suit Gundam, and so on, which I still do buy them whenever a new mech games comes out. Anyways, since I love mechs that much, it hit me, why don't I start building them as well. I not that big of a fan of models cars, I build the odd one every now and then, but if it was a mech that would be another story. I have known about gundam models for a while now, which I did build one when I was little, but didn't really like it then for a few reasons. The model I build then was a cheap NA made non graded model of the RX-78-2 Gundam that had very little detail on it. The reason I didn't like it then was that I put no work into it, all I did was snap it all together, so it was very ugly to look at which my action figures had much better detail on them my model did. Now that quite a few years have pass, I really want to get into gunpla and other mech models now like painting them, adding panel lines, basically trying to make them look nice. I have done some research and know of some of the different grades that are out there. I plan to start on mastergrades because I love all the detail that is on them. I think the first master grade I plan to start on will be the RX-79(G) Gundam because it is one of my favorites gundams, which it’s also one of the cheapest MG kits, and that it doesn’t look too hard to start on.

Update: Sept, 23/08
My Supplies so far:

This is a list of all the supplies that I have collect so far.

-Dual action gravity fed airbrush
-Airbrush Stand

-Air Compressor
-New 1/8 - 1/4 Air hose
-Spraybooth
-Razor Knife
-Homemade sanding sticks
-Paint brushes
-Testors Acrylic Paint
-Tamiya Flat Base
-Future

-Paint Trays
-Mr. Spare Bottle

-Testors Cement
-Gray Primer
-Masking Tape



This is some of my Supplies

Close up

My Air Compressor & Air hose
Will update list as I get more stuff. Also if by some chance someone finds my blog and knows of some more stuff that I will need, that I don't have listed, feel free to leave a comment letting me know. Your help will be great help to me.

Update: Sept, 23/08
Today my order from Hobbywave come in, which made me feel like it was a mini Christmas for me, as this is my first Gundam model I have ever done before. (I don't count that RX-78 as a model) For anyone who is looking for Gunpla or modeling supplies I would recommend Hobbywave as they are safe and has very fast shipping. I made my order on Saturday, which they got ready Monday, and was at my house by 2:30PM Tuesday. They also have flat shipping which was a plus to me.

For my order, I got a MG RX-78-4 Gundam x1, MG Mk-II Titans Ver.2.0 x1, Mr. Paint Tray x1, Mr. Spare Bottle 18ml x6, and Mr. Stand for Airbrush x1, and for not that much ether. I did change my plan a little bit as I was going to get the RX-79(G) Gundam as my first, but I have other plans for the kit so I got the RX-78-4 Gundam as my first and the Mk-II Titans Ver.2.0 will be my second model.



This is my order I got from Hobbywave

No comments: