Friday, November 5, 2010

Guntank WIP


Here is my WIP for my MG RX-75 Guntank. I do plan on doing any mods on this guy, but I do plan to do a different color scheme this time around. My goal is to go with a winter type look, so I will be mostly using white, grays, and black on this. I also plan to do a light weathering as well, some rust, mostly snow effects.

Update:
I got mostly the inner fame painted now. I also did some detailing this time around, seeing how this kit cry's for its for it. I did made a  mistake here and there, mostly on the detailing as I don't have steady hands, plus I don't really have any small brushes. Anywho here are the pics:


Update:
Here is a small update. Got the upper frame all done now, just gotta do the body armor and it's all done. I didn't paint some things like the core fighter, and some other parts that is never going to see the light of day. But I gotta say, that I am really happy on how it is turning out. A little weathering here and there and it is going to look great. Here are the pics:


Update:
Finish painting some of the camo parts. They turn out pretty nice. but I dunno if I will do another camo paint job after this model. It is alot of work doing camo paint jobs, first you have to prime the parts, then add your base color, then mask, then add your 2nd color, mask again, and add your final color. Anywho, here are the pics:
 Update:
I am finish painting this bad boy, and I gotta say, last time I ever do camo again. It is alot of work to do as first you need to paint your base coat. Then mask, then second coat of paint, then mask again, and finally last coat of paint.  But other then that, it turn out pretty good. Now all I have to do now is put the gloss coat on and panel line and decals and then flat coat and then some weathering and it be done. Here is some pics of the masking process. and then some pics of the painted kit.


Update:
So more or less I am all done this bad boy. I leave my final feelings on this kit for the final post, but here is some more pics:
  




No comments: