Saturday, July 3, 2010

Zaku I Update

Here is a little update on the Zaku I.
- All of the gray parts have been painted.
- Run out of gray paint, so had to use spray cans.

Nothing like having a heart attack then painting your models. Was working on one part and cat wanted to jump on my lap, and made my hit one of my paint bottles. And paint want all over the place, not fun. =( Another down side is that I mess up pretty bad on the axe. I was going good until I try hand painting some yellow onto it. Lets say that paint didn't want to stick on even with the primer. So I may have to take off all of the paint now just to fix it. No fun.




Update: July, 3/10:

This Zaku I is all finish now. I gotta say that this is my best one yet. I had a few problems with this one, mostly the same problems I had with the G04. Like paint not sticking, paint not spraying out of airbrush and parts braking on me.  However, I did pull out my new airbrush and give me new paints a try. Three words, Mr.Color paints are the best!!!
After using Mr. Color paints, I can never ever go back to testers paints. Not only did they spray out of the airbrush with no problems, but they are also dry really fast, and the finish look is so much better.
I did however have a new problem with this paint. The paint was going on uneven, and I couldn't get it to go into a solid color. I think I know what the problem was. I must not have clean the airbrush good, and they must have been some black still in there, which cause the uneven paint I hope. This error did however turn out great. Seeing how the paint was turning out, I change my color sceme from a solid color to a black/blue camo which turn out very nice.
Anywho, here are the final pics. Enjoy!

No comments: