Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Breakout

I was cleaning up my computer the other day and found one of my games that I had made some time ago last year. This was my 2nd game that I had developed using a different game engine then RMXP, which I am more used too. My first game was a Megaman game that I had made about 3-4 years ago, which was loss when my old computer was wiped clean. When I decided to make this game, I wanted to try something a lot easier, due to all the problems I had making my Megaman game. After some thinking, I came up with the idea of making a remake of breakout. Overall, making this game was pretty simple then my other one problem, which was that for some reason when I tried to make another ball, the 2nd ball would just break though the point blocks and would not bounce back. I did figure out this as I was able to make a 2 player mode. When I look at this game now, I feel that this game needs an upgrade for the menus and some other things, as I had used back then paint, which now I have photoshop, so all of the menus feel too ugly for me now. Maybe when I get some more time, I will have to redesign the game a little bit to make it better and add some more levels to it as well.


About the Game:
This is a link to my breakout game. This is the full game I have on my on computer, but due to the size of this game am calling this a demo. Right now there is only 5 levels for one player mode, and 5 levels for two player mode. The levels are different from 1 player to 2 player mode so you won't be playing on the same levels. There is a save & load option on my game so you can take a break anytime during the game you want, but you can only hold up to one save at a time.

Game Goal:
Try to keep the ball from hitting the red blocks by using the bats to bounce the ball back up, while trying to hit all the different color stones in the map.

Stones:
50 Pts - Yellow
100 Pts - Orange
250 Pts - Gray
500 Pts - Purple
1000 Pts - Blue
Free Life - White

How to play:
S - Save
L - Load
Right - Move bat right
Left - Move bat left
D - Move 2nd bat right
A - Move 2nd bat left
H - Move ball up (cost 500 points)
Z -
Move 2nd ball up (cost 500 points)
Esc - Quit game

Download the Demo

No comments: