Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Robot's Skeleton Frame

This is my robot that I design on the computer. This model is my robot's skeleton frame, which I still have to make the outer armor for it. It took me around 1 week to make, which I added a few updates to its design after it was done. My goal was to make this robot as human-like as possible, making it able to move any way a human can, which I think I did a pretty good job with that. The hardest thing to design was by far the thumb. The problem with the thumb is that a human thumb can move is so many different directions that it was the hardest piece to design, but after a couple of tries, I finally came up which a design that I was happy with. Another problem was that by the time I got to the head, it took a awhile to move objects around or render stuff because of all the different stuff that had to be process at once, and that my computer isn't made for stuff like this. So I end up making the head and the hands on separate files and porting them back to the main file when they were finish. The problem I had with that was when I ported the hands back, they were a little to small, so I had to make them bigger, which kinda give my robot a weird look to it. When I had finish my robot's skeleton frame, I decided to update it's feet to give them a more realistic and nicer feel to them. Now all that I have to do is complete the outer armor and I will be all done with this model.



No comments: