Sunday, October 14, 2012

MG Heavyarms WIP 1

Here is my first WIP for Heavyarms. It took my a little longer to get started on this kit as I wanted to put together my new Kotobukiya Jehuty HD model first before I started painting this, which I will upload  a little review of the unpainted kit in a few days.
Anywho, back onto Heavyarms. This is mostly just a straight OOB build with a few color changes mostly to the Gatling gun and a few chrome and gold parts here and there.
I did make a tiny mod to the Gatling Gun so I wouldn't have to do as much masking. All I did was cut the pegs off of the barrel section and this allows it to slide in and out of the main part of the gun. I don't even have to glue it when I am done as the handle holds it in place just fine. I plan to paint the main part a dark gray and the barrels are going to be a chrome with gold on it.
Other then that, I haven't got that much more done. I have started washing the parts and have the orangish and the yellow parts prime, which I hope to paint tomorrow. Painting this kit wont take very long at all, and if I am up for it, should be able to get it done in a week. I am thinking about trying shading again on this kit, but I am not too sure yet.
This kit isn't very big, so I most likely won't have too many WIP for this. I may do three of them, this one as one and the others will mostly likely be it painted with the gloss coat on and the last one will be the decals and panel lines.

Anywho here are some pics so far:

Before the mod
After the mod, as you can see I cut the pegs completely off and sanded it down.
I didn't cut the pegs off in the main part as they help keep the barrel line up.

The barrel now can slide in and out without any issues.
With the handle on it locks the barrel and the main part in place.
After gluing them together.
The glue work perfect for the barrel and their is no need for any putty. =D
Sadly I can say the same for the other two parts.
Another little mod I did was drilling a tiny hole in the back so I could stick a tooth pick in and pop out that gray part as it didn't want to come out for me.
Some of the paints I plan on using.
All of the part organize into different tubes going by color.
Getting the Orange and yellow parts ready to paint. One nice thing about this kit is that the normal colors of the plastic are really nice and  really could get away without painting most of this kit if you wanted too.
All prime and ready to be painted.

No comments: