Sunday, August 25, 2013

Elyn Kshatriya OOB WIP 1

I normally don't do WIP for non painted kits, but seeing how this is a special kit I figure I would do one to give people a idea on my experience of this kit.
Now just because the parts are already precut and put into trays doesn't mean no clean up is needed.In fact I am finding that almost every part sadly do still have some nub marks on them and on some parts their is a bit of excess plastic still on the part that shouldn't be there.
In terms of the overall construction, the kit does look nice and they did a pretty good job in covering up seam lines so there will be very little masking to none when painting. But that being said, I am finding that just trying to put this guy together is some what of a pain. There is alot of pieces that are not very tight when trying to put a section together like the arms and will fall apart until the whole section is put together making it much more stable.
I highly recommended that if you are going to be building this guy to have a some type of pin vise,  crazy glue, and cement and your basic cleaning up stuff like sandpaper, snappers, knife, etc.

Anywho here is what I got done so far:

Get used to working with these cables, because you will be doing alot of them for this kit and every time is a pain....
The cables barely fit which cause them to fall out very easy. So I got my pin vise and drill a deeper hole to hold the cable better.
How the cables look once in the arms before the rest of the outer armor is on.
The wires for the LED's are a pain for this part. Had a very hard time just getting them inside as the way they glue the wires on to the little board where off making it so you couldn't put the two parts together. Also the wires are just a little too short to come out of the area where the manual says so I had them come out a little lower which work great.
More cables....
After spending about a hours trying to finally get both of them in place.
Missing one of the holes, just use a pin vise to drill a new one.
I highly recommend gluing the little green part that holds one end for the upper cables to the chest piece.
Size different between Elyn Kshatriya and SMS Kshatriya.

No comments: