Friday, February 28, 2014

MG GN-X Review

Here is my quick review on the MG GN-X from the Gundam 00 series. 
I have always had a soft spot for grunt units from the gundam series and the GN-X is one of them that I really enjoy the design of. I wish that bandai would make some more MG grunts and gundam type suits from the 00 series such as the Brave's and Masurao and etc.
Anywho, as for the model itself. I did put it together quite a few years ago, so there may be some dust on it still.
One problem I have with this kit is that it's joints in the lower half of its body is pretty weak, but should be fix once it is painted. I did have problems with it standing up, which is why I have it on a action base 99% of the time. 
Where I had problems with the lower half, I had no problems with the upper half. The hands are strong enough to hold it's massive gun with no issues at all.
The overall movement of this kit is alright, nothing compare to the newer MG now, but isn't limited like the old kits, so it is a happy medium. I do recommend putting it on a action base as you will be able to pose it better and will be more stable as well.
It does come with it's main gun and it also comes with the long barrel to make the gun into a massive rifle, which is just pain epic looking. It also comes with a shield and two beam sabers.
This kit does have room for two LED lights, but sadly doesn't come with them and will have to pay extra if you want them.
Anywho, if you enjoy cool looking grunt suits or the 00 suits in genereal I recommend picking this kit up as it isn't a bad kit and it does look sweet especially with its big gun equip. 



 
With it's cockpit open.
Showing off it's range of movement.
It's beam sabers it store in each knee.
No issues with wight in its arms.

No comments: