Friday, August 10, 2012

MG RX-178 Gundam Mk.2 WIP 3

This is going to be mostly a small WIP  as I have alot of clean up to do on this kit. As I said before, this was my 2nd ever MG/Kit I got so when I snap build it the first times years ago, I didn't do that great of a job of cutting the nub marks off and use too rough of a sand paper, so I am going to have to re sand everything and give all of the parts a good wish before painting.
What I have done so far is that I begin to take take the model apart and part all of the different color parts into different tubs and have made some very minor mods to it. I wanted to add lots of pla plate all over the body to give it a more heavy armor look to it, but I am not having very good luck gluing the pla plates on as I got about 1 and have sec to get it in the right place before the glue dries and makes it imposable to move it after. (The reason why I love crazy glue and hate it all at the same time.)
For the colors, I am going to try to stay mostly true to the titan color scheme. So I plan to try to go with a two tone blue color scheme with some chrome and gold areas mostly to the frame. I also plan to change some colors around like the middle part on the chest I plan to do in blue, and the lower part on the kneels I plan to change to red.
Anywho here are some pics of the unpainted kit and some WIP pics as well:


Showing the little unpainted guy inside the cockpit, also most likely the last time to ever sit inside again.
Nice thing about the 2.0 MG kits is that they have great movement all around the body.
One of the areas I added some pla plate.
Cut out two tiny pla plates for the chest lens which I plan to paint chrome with clear green.

No comments: