Saturday, August 18, 2012

MG RX-178 Gundam Mk.2 WIP 4

Here is a little update on the Mk.2. I am almost done painting now, just gotta finish painting the rest of the darker blue and black pieces and finish making the sword and it will be done.
So far this has been my easiest kit so far as I haven't run into any problems as of yet. Let's hope it stays that way. XD
I did do some detailing on the legs and the arms by painting in the cables with silver and the connecters with gold and some copper in the middle. It is only for looks as once I put the outer armor on, nothing will be seen, but felt like doing it for fun. Plus it is good practice for hand painting. 
The only thing I am not sure about is how the bright Blue and the darker blue with the red, black and yellow is going to turn out. I did do a quick photoshop of my model with the color scheme I plan to do on it, and I wasn't too sure on it, but hoping that once I see the painted kit it will look better.
That is really all I have to say this post, next post may be the WIP for the sword, or another one for Mk.2, we will see.

Picture time:

Yellow and Red parts prime with Alclad II gray Primer (Great Stuff)
Red and Yellow pieces all painted

The lighter/bright blue parts prime up
Removing the seam lines
Gray parts taking a nice cold bath in some soapy water
Chrome and Gold parts before being painted
Chrome parts after being painted
Gotta love your gold =D
Dark blue parts drying after bath
Before hand painting details
After being hand painted with some chrome, gold, and copper

No comments: