Monday, September 24, 2012

MG RX-178 Gundam Mk.2

I am quite happy how this how this turn out in the end. When I first started putting this kit back together after being painted, I was really not liking the color scheme of the two blues together. But after putting the decals and the flat coat on, it looked much better then before.
For this kit, I mostly stay true to the titans color scheme, but made a few changes by adding more red in some areas and adding the bright blue on the color scheme. I also added in some chrome and gold in areas like the boosters and in some other some areas like on the back of the legs and the upper chest.
For mods, I did very little. Basically all I did was add some pla plate on the shoulder armor to give it a more heavy armor type look. I wanted to add more pla plate in other areas too, but due to mostly being lazy I ended up not doing that. I also cut out some tiny pieces of pla plate for the tiny cameras on the chest, the back of the head, and the rocket launcher.
The biggest change would be the two new added items I made for this kit. The first one would be the cloak, which a special thanks to Alex for helping me out with the cloak, and the second would be the custom made sword.

Anywho here is the final pictures:


No comments: