Wednesday, September 26, 2012

MG Heavyarms Review

My next kit I plan on painting is going to be MG Heavyarms Ver Ka. I plan on just doing another OOB build with some slight changes to some colors, mainly the missiles and weapons.
This kit shouldn't take long to complete as their isn't too much too paint, but may be awhile before I do another update as I have another model coming in the mall which is the Kotobukiya Jehuty HD model which I want to build right away. So I may be working both on this kit and Jehuty at the same time.
For this kit itself,it is one of the newer MG kits out and it shows. Bandai did a great job on the part separating as the missiles and the outer areas are all different parts, so their is no need to mask them. The same goes for the blue lines on the chest which was a big win for me.
Another thing about this kit is the colors on the bare plastic which are dead on for the normal colors, so for people who don't paint their kits will be really happy with this kit as it looks really good unpainted.
There are a few seam lines on this kit that will need to be fix up if you plan on painting this kit. The big ones would be the main gun and the ammo pack on the back. This kit uses the new heads so you don't have to worry about the seam lines on the head like older MG.
The only bad things about this kit is the thread that connects to the ammo pack and the main gun is a pain to keep it in place as it keeps popping out of place for me. I will glue it into place once I paint this kit, but for now I just have it off. Another problem is that the hand cannot hold up the main gun that high as it will drop down a bit, but with both hands all wight issues are gone.
If you are looking for a good MG kit or a big fan of Gundam Wing, I highly recommend this kit.


With the cockpit open
This kit comes with the combat knife with was a nice bonus.
Only con is that it is too long to fold up all of the way.
The seam located on the Gatling gun
The thread I was talking about.
It even comes with the parts for the beam sabre when Heero pilots it.
Sadly it doesn't come with the beam sabre, so I had to steal the one I had with my MG Wing Ver Ka

No comments: